Hair drug testing is a new tool that can detect drug and alcohol use in an individual. If the hair strand is collected close to the scalp, we can even determine the history of the past three months of alcohol and drug abuse.
- Drug and alcohol biomarkers in the scalp hair, take 1-7 days to appear after usage.
- Hair samples are easy to collect and difficult to modify.
- 200 strands of scalp hair, equal to about 100 mg, is the ideal sample for screening.
- For an EtG Test or any test above the 10-panel screening, 150 mg specimen is recommended.
- The specimen should be weighed on a jeweler’s scale.
- If not the scalp hair, then equal amount of other body hair may be collected.